Educational Objectives And Learning Outcomes of M.Sc. Program
Educational Objectives of M.Sc. Program
Industrial and Systems Engineering M.Sc. Program aims to graduate students who:
- have the depth for conducting independent works in the field of Systems Engineering,
- can have leadership in adapting and applying academic knowledge in production and service sectors,
- possess qualification for further academic work in the field of Systems Engineering.
Learning Outcomes of M.Sc. Program
- Ability to reach knowledge in breadth and depth through scientific research in Industrial and Systems Engineering field; to have extensive knowledge about current techniques and procedures together with their constraints.
- Ability to complement and apply knowledge by scientific methods utilizing limited or missing data; to use knowledge in different disciplines effectively by blending them.
- Ability to formulate Industrial and Systems Engineering problems; to develop novel and original ideas and procedures for their solutions and to use innovative procedures in solutions.
- Awareness of new and developing applications in Industrial and Systems Engineering; ability to investigate and learn these applications when required.
- Ability to design and apply analytical, and modeling and experimental based research; to solve and interpret complex situations encountered in this process.
- Ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams; to develop solution approaches in complicated situations and to take responsibility.
- Ability to develop novel and/or original ideas and methods; to develop innovative solutions for the design of systems, parts or the processes.
- Ability to communicate orally or in writing the process and the results of Industrial and Systems Engineering studies systematically and openly in national or international platforms.
- Ability to master a foreign language (English) at the European Language Portfolio B2 General Level to communicate orally or in writing.
- Ability to recognize social, scientific and ethical values in the process of collection, interpretation and publishing of data, and in all professional activities.
- Ability to visualize social and environmental dimensions of Industrial and Systems Engineering applications and to observe these dimensions in professional practice.
- Ability to develop appropriate methodology and procedures for the modeling, improvement, control and design of complex systems for a specified target.