Educational Objectives and Learning Outcomes of Undergraduate Program
The objective of this program is to graduate students who
- Apply the basic principles of Industrial and Systems Engineering and take on leadership roles to solve the problems of their sectors
- Play an important role in the analysis, design, implementation and development of production and service systems
- Contribute to the accumulation of knowledge about Industrial and Systems Engineering by conducting scientific research
Program Learning Outcomes
- Adequate background in Mathematics, Natural Sciences and the Industrial and Systems Engineering discipline;
- Ability to identify, model and solve complex problems in the area of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Ability to design a complex system, process, device or product under realistic constraints and conditions, in such a way as to meet the desired requirements.
- Ability to employ information technologies effectively in Industrial and Systems Engineering applications and develop and/or use modern techniques and tools for these applications.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments and interpret results to analyze problems in the area of Industrial and Systems Engineering.
- Ability to take responsibility both individually and as a team member to solve unforeseen problems that arise in intra-disciplinary and inter-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to access information in the area of Industrial and Systems Engineering and to report and communicate this information to others using a foreign language (English) at the European Language Portfolio C1 General Level.
- Ability to follow current issues and recent developments in science and technology by accessing databases and other sources of information and to continue to educate oneself.
- Awareness of scientific and ethical responsibility in professional matters.
- Ability to initiate innovative projects in the area of Industrial and Systems Engineering and to manage these projects considering all aspects.
- Ability to identify the impact of Industrial and Systems Engineering applications on health, environment and safety; awareness of the legal consequences of Industrial and Systems Engineering solutions.